- An applicant must pass entry test for admission in Computer Science and Psychology with at least 40% marks
The following are not eligible for admission to Master’s programme:
- Those who have failed in Master’s Programme of this University;
- Those who have ceased to be the student of this University;
- Those who already possess a Master or an equivalent degree from this or any other University (exempted for applicants of Computer Science (Self-Finance), MPA and Archaeology;
- Students who are already on rolls of the M.Sc. Programme of the QAU or any other University.
- For Anthropology/Sociology, applicants with any degree of more than 14-years are not eligible.
How To Apply
- The candidates are advised to apply Online and complete the “Admission Data Summary Sheet” available at University website ), along with a print of the Habib Bank Ltd. OR Askari Bank Ltd Bank Challan.
- The applicants will deposit Rs. 2115/- in any branch of Habib Bank Limited OR Rs.2100/- in any branch of Askari Bank Limited in favour of Treasurer, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad.
- The candidates then take the printout of “Admission Data Summary Sheet” send it along with requisite documents and Challan of the Habib Bank Limited Or Askari Bank Limited and requisite documents by Courier/Post on the following address: –
ASSISTANT REGISTRAR (ADMISSIONS),
(CAMP OFFICE) BASEMENT OF ACADEMIC BLOCK UNDERGRADUATE (SOCIAL SCIENCES) NEAR (FOOTBALL GROUND),QUAID-I-AZAM UNIVERSITY, ISLAMABAD (45320)
- The applicants are advised to fill/opt the priorities carefully because once filled, the Subject Priorities shall not be changed. An applicant can opt for a maximum of two priorities of subjects either on Regular (R) OR on Self Finance (S) and/or on both basis in the same subjects 2 (R) + 2 (S) =4.
- The priorities of the subjects shall remain intact till the applicant gets admission against his/her first priority OR finalization of the admission process whichever is earlier. The dues/fee paid by the applicant, according to the earlier merit list shall automatically be shifted/adjusted accordingly if his/her name appears in a subsequent list (s) against the filled priorities.
|Details of Seats||Terms/Condition/Requirements||No. of Seats|
|Children of Army Personnel||The seats will be filled ONLY on the nomination of GHQ.||01-seat in each Department|
|Disabled Persons||The seats will be filled subject to the condition that the disabled person must provide his/her disability certificate issued by the District Assessment Board etc. duly verified by the Principal Medical Officer (Medical Centre) of QAU.||01-seat in each Department|
|Minorities||The seats will be filled subject to production of certificate from the Institution last attended. An authentic document will have to be produced that the candidate belongs to the Minority Community.||01-seat in each Department.|
Admissions on Regular (Provincial/Regional Quota) and Self-Finance Basis
- Admissions on Regular basis (Normal Fee) shall be granted strictly on merit subject to Provincial/Regional Quota.
- A limited number of seats shall be filled on Self-Finance basis only on merit irrespective of Provincial/Regional Quota.
- Merit shall be determined on the basis of academic performance in previous degrees and certificates without giving any credit to the score (s) in Entry Test
Entry Tests for Master’s Programme at QAU Campus
- Applicants seeking admission in the following subjects are required to appear in the Entry Test on the date, time and venue mentioned below.
- Applicants appearing in the Entry Test must bring original CNIC and Admission Form Receipt for identification.
- Only the test pass applicants will appear before the interview as per schedule of the Department/ Institute/ School/ Centre (DISC) concerned.
- Entry test is only for short-listing and its score shall not be counted to determine merit
- The admission shall be made on the basis of cumulative merit to be determined from previous academic record
- The Entry Tests at QAU shall be conducted as per schedule given below
|S#||DISCIPLINES||DATE||DAY||TIME||VENUE AT QAU|
|1.||Computer Science||02-01-2020||Thursday||09:30 AM||Department of Computer Sciences|
|2.||Psychology||02-01-2020||Thursday||11:30 AM||National Institute of Psychology|
Equivalence Certificates and Conversion Of Grades Into Marks
Applicants having foreign certificates/degrees should provide equivalence certificates and conversion of the grades into marks from HEC for Bachelor level degrees and from Inter Board Committee for Matric and Intermediate levels. Certificates/Degrees with CGPA of local Universities/Institutions also require conversion of grades into marks from the Universities/Institutions concerned in Pakistan.
Display Of Merit Lists
|1.||DISPLAY OF 1st MERIT LIST||06-01-2020|
|2.||DISPLAY OF 2nd MERIT LIST||10-01-2020|
|3.||DISPLAY OF 3rd MERIT LIST||14-01-2020|
|4.||DISPLAY OF 4th MERIT LIST||17-01-2020|
|5.||DISPLAY OF 5th MERIT LIST||21-01-2020|
|6.||DISPLAY OF 6th MERIT LIST||24-01-2020|
|7.||DISPLAY OF 7th MERIT LIST||28-01-2020|
|8.||DISPLAY OF 8th MERIT LIST||31-01-2020|
|9.||DISPLAY OF 9th MERIT LIST||04-02-2020|
|10.||DISPLAY OF 10th MERIT LIST (If required)||07-02-2020|
- The University Hostel accommodations will be provided on availability of seats.
The University is providing scholarships/financial assistance to the deserving Pakistani National students seeking admission at Master’s programme of the University in collaboration with the following agencies.
|S.#||Name of Scholarship||S.#||Name of Scholarship|
|1.||QAU Alumni Scholarship||6.||Other/Govt./Non-Governmental Organizational & Donor Agencies/Philanthropists.|
|2.||USAID Funded Merit & Need Based Scholarships||7.||Punjab Education & Endowment Fund (PEEF)|
|3.||MORA Scholarship/District Zakat Committee’s Scholarships||8.||Balochistan Education & Endowment Fund (BEEF)|
|4.||Pakistan Bait-ul-Mal Scholarship||9.||Professional Education Foundation/Edhi Foundation Karachi|
|5.||Higher Education Commission (HEC) Scholarships||10.||KPK Chief Minister’s Endowment Scholarship|
- After selection/admission on merit basis the selected students will apply for any scholarship on prescribed application form to the Scholarship Aid Office (Room No.17, Administration Block, QAU, Islamabad) with the supporting documents.
- The QAU will review the applications and only short-listed candidates will be called for the interview.
- For detail please visit QAU Website
NOTE: – STUDENTS ADMITTED ON SELF FINANCE BASIS WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR ANY FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE/ SCHOLARSHIP.
- If number of applicants for a department/discipline is less than 20 then the department will not be allowed to commence the classes and the Admission Processing Fee @ Rs.2100/- will be refunded to the applicants admitted thereon accordingly
- In case of incorrect/misleading information or concealment of facts, the University shall have a right to refuse/ cancel the admission and expel the applicant (student) from the University;
- The admitted students will have to submit their original Migration Certificate from the institution last attended within 15-days from the date of admission;
- The Admission Data Summary Sheet sent by Post/Courier must reach in the University on or before 26-12-2019; No Application will be received or entertained after due date in any case
- Data of all applicants shall be available on the University website on 27-12-2019; and will be refreshed on 02-01-2020;
- Please contact on Ph No.051-90643265 to rectify the errors/mistakes in the data, if any by 02-01-2020 at the latest.
- To avoid any inconvenience please attach all the required documents with the admission forms within stipulated time/period. However, the last date to submit left-over documents such as B.A/B.Sc. Result Cards/Domicile etc. along with the required fee amounting to Rs.1000/- is 02-01-2020
- No call letter/phone call shall be made separately for selection; applicants are advised to visit QAU website frequently.
- The office of Assistant Registrar (Admission), (Camp Office) Basement of Academic Block Undergraduate (Social Sciences) Near Football Ground), QAU will remain open to receive the left-over documents from Monday-Friday during office hours.