Applications are invited from Pakistani and Foreign Nationals for admission to Undergraduate (Morning) Programme (Fall Semester-2020) in the following subjects by 20-07-2020. A person holding HSSC Part-I passed result with minimum 50% marks may apply for admission to Undergraduate Programme.
Faculty Of Natural Sciences
|S.#||Programme||Minimum 50% marks required in HSSC(Part-I) Examinations|
|1.||Computer Science||Intermediate with Mathematics.|
|2.||Chemistry||FSc (Pre-Engineering/Medical) or equivalent.|
|3.||Electronics||FSc or equivalent with Mathematics and Physics.|
|4.||Geophysics||FSc or equivalent with Mathematics and Physics.|
|5.||Information Technology||FSc or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics.|
|6.||Mathematics||FSc or equivalent with Mathematics as a subject.|
|7.||Physics||FA/FSc/A-Level or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics.|
|8.||Statistics||FSc or equivalent with Mathematics as a subject.|
Faculty Of Biological Sciences
|S.#||Programme||Minimum 50% marks required in HSSC(Part-I) Examinations|
|1.||Biochemistry||FSc (Pre-Medical) or equivalent.|
|2.||Biotechnology||FSc (Pre-Engineering/Medical) or equivalent.|
|3.||Bioinformatics||FSc (Pre-Engineering/Medical) or equivalent.|
|4.||Botany||FSc (Pre-Engineering/Medical) or equivalent.|
|5.||Environmental Sciences||FSc (Pre-Engineering/Medical) or equivalent.|
|6.||Microbiology||FSc (Pre-Engineering/Medical) or equivalent.|
|7.||Zoology||FSc (Pre-Medical) or equivalent.|
Faculty Of Social Sciences
|S.#||Programme||Minimum 50% marks required in HSSC(Part-I) Examinations|
|1.||International Relations||FA/FSc or equivalent.|
|2.||Political Science||FA/FSc or equivalent.|
|3.||Archaeology||FA/FSc or equivalent.|
|4.||Business Administration||FA/FSc or equivalent.|
|5.||Public Administration||FA/FSc or equivalent.|
|6.||Economics||FA/FSc or equivalent.|
|7.||History||FA/FSc or equivalent.|
|8.||English||FA/FSc or equivalent.|
|9.||Anthropology||FA/FSc or equivalent.|
|10.||Sociology||FA/FSc or equivalent.|
|11.||Defence &Strategic Studies||FA/FSc or equivalent.|
|12.||Pakistan Studies||FA/FSc or equivalent.|
|13.||Psychology||FA/FSc or equivalent.|
|14.||L.L.B||FA/FSc or equivalent.|
Law Admission Test (LAT) For BH.LLB Programme
- The applicants seeking admission in BH LLB are advised to register themselves with HEC for Law Admission Test (LAT). The details are available at www.hec.gov.pk. Online registration can be done at http://www.hec.gov.pk/english/ HEC Announcements / Pages/LAT-2020.aspx.
- The applicant must pass Law Admission Test (LAT) as conducted by the HEC. The LAT is only for short-listing and its score shall not be counted to determine the merit.
- The admission shall be made on the basis of cumulative merit to be determined from previous academic record. Only LAT passed candidates will be considered for admission.
How to Apply
- The applicants can apply through Online Application System from the QAU website (www.qau.edu.pk), along with a Challan of the Habib Bank Ltd. OR Askari Bank Ltd. (Online Admission Facility will be available up to 20-07-2020 due to special circumstances of COVID-19).
- The applicants are advised to deposit Rs.2115/- in any branch of Habib Bank Ltd. OR Rs.2100/- in any branch of Askari Bank Ltd. in favour of the Treasurer, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad.
- The Bank Challan should be attached with the online Admission Data Summary Sheet along with other scanned requisite documents, otherwise the application will not be entertained.
The applicants are required to scan & attached the following requisite/required documents with Online Application for verification of data and determination of merit:
|S#||Attested Photocopies of The Requisite Documents||No. of copies|
|1.||Copy of SSC (Matriculation) Examination Marks Sheet or equivalent.||01|
|2.||Copy of HSSC (Intermediate) Part-I Marks Sheet or equivalent.||01|
|3.||CNIC OR Form B in case of under 18-years of age.||01|
|4.||CNIC of Father/Parents/Guardian.||01|
|5.||Domicile Certificate of candidate OR of father/mother if the applicant is under 18-years of age and his/her name is included in it.||01|
|6.||Character Certificate from the institution last attended.||01|
|7.||Equivalence Certificate and conversion of the grades, into marks from Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC) for Matriculation and Intermediate levels in case of qualifications OR certificate from foreign institutes.||01|
|8.||Sports Certificates i.e. International/National/Provincial/District etc. level issued by the concerned Authorities (Only for applicants seeking admission against the Sports Quota)||01|
|9.||Disability Certificate issued by the District Assessment Board etc. (for applicants of Disabled Reserved Seats) and the Certificate of Disability duly verified by the Principal Medical Officer (Medical Centre) of QAU.||01|
|10.||Minority Certificate issued by the Principal of last attended Institute (for applicants of Minority Reserved Seats)||01|
|11.||Army Personal Service Card OR Pension Book of Parent (for applicants of Children of Army Personals)||01|
|12.||Foreign Citizenship OR Passport for Foreign National and Dual Nationals (having Pakistani and some other nationality) Refugees (status recognized by Govt. of Pakistan) (for Foreigner Reserved Seats)||01|
|13.||Letter of Registration from District Bar Association duly verified by the President concerned. (Only for the Children of Advocates on Reserved Seats in BH LLB program only)||01|
|14.||Original HBL/Askari Bank Deposit Slip/Proof of online payment of Rs.2100/- (For Admission Processing Charges & Admission Form of QAU)||01|
|15.||Any other supporting/relevant document||01|
A person passed HSSC Part-I examination from a Pakistani Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education or an equivalent from any other recognized Board with at least (50% marks or its equivalent grade, shall be eligible for provisional admission to the BS/ BHLLB Programmes of study subject to the conditions that: –
- After selection the student will deposit the fee/dues online in the University Account within the stipulated period/time.
- After selection and online depositing fee/dues in the University Account, the student will be required to pass the HSSC Examination (as a whole) with at least 50% marks. In case of less than 50% aggregate marks in HSSC, his/her admission will be treated as cancelled.
- After selection and online depositing fee/dues in the University Account, if the student declared as FAILED in the HSSC Part-II Examination by the concerned Board, the Fee/Dues as deposited by him/her will not be refunded under any circumstances except refundable securities.
- After selection and online depositing fee/dues in the University Account, the student will be required to submit his/her HSSC Part-II passed result card within stipulated period in the concerned Department/ Institute/ School/Centre/Admission Section. If the selected student failed to submit the required certificate his/her admission will be treated as cancelled.
- The result awaiting student will have to submit an Undertaking as prescribed in the Sr#8 of the ineligibility regulations.
The following shall not be eligible for admission to BS programmes including BHLLB programme of study: –
- Those who have failed under Clause 7(c) (i) (a) of the examination rules of this University. (Please see in Prospectus at QAU website www.qau.edu.pk)
- Those who have ceased to be a student of this University under Clause 7(c) (i) (b) under the examinations rules. (Please see in Prospectus at QAU website www.qau.edu.pk)
- Those who already possess BS/BHLLB or its equivalent degree from this or any other University.
- Those who are already on the rolls of this University.
- Those who have been expelled from the University on disciplinary grounds.
- No student of BS or equivalent degree holder shall be admitted to a second or subsequent BS/LLB Programme (either on Regular OR Self-Finance basis) in the University Teaching Departments/ Centers/ Institutes/ School under any circumstances.
- The admission shall be cancelled on the written request of the student concerned as per approved rules duly recommended by the respective Chairman/Director and the Dean of the Faculty concerned.
- In case of incorrect/misleading information or concealment of facts, the University reserves the right to refuse/cancel the admission and expel the applicant (student) from the University at any time.
- The Vice-Chancellor may cancel/refuse admission to any student without assigning reasons.
- The students whose names were dropped or struck off from the rolls of QAU or any University Teaching Department/ Center/Institute due to shortage of lectures or non-payment of dues or poor performance or non-appearance in examination etc., in the semester, shall not be granted admission. The Syndicate may consider such cases on the recommendations of the University Admission Committee.
- The students dropped or struck off from the rolls of any University Teaching Department/ Center/Institute due to poor performance under semester system shall not be granted re-admission in any case in the same Discipline.
- Any student, who was rusticated, expelled, or whose entry in QAU or any University Campus was banned for any reason whatsoever at any time during his/her academic career, shall not be admitted to any class without the permission of the Syndicate. The Syndicate may not consider such cases except on the recommendations of the Admission Committee.
Equivalence Certificates and Conversion Of Grades Into Marks
Applicants having foreign certificates are required to provide equivalence certificates and conversion of the grades, into marks from Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC) for Matriculation and Intermediate levels.
- The applicants are advised to fill/opt the priorities carefully because once filled, the Subject Priorities shall not be changed in any case. An applicant can opt for a maximum of three priorities of subjects on Regular (R) OR on Self Finance (S) and/or on both basis in the same subjects: 3 (R) + 3 (S) =6.
- The priorities/preferences of the subjects shall remain intact till the applicant gets admission against his/her first priority/preference OR finalization of the admission process, whichever is earlier. The dues/fee paid by the applicant according to the earlier merit list shall automatically be shifted/adjusted accordingly if his/her name appears in a subsequent list(s) against already filled priorities.
Admissions on Regular (Regional Quota) And Self-Finance Basis
- Admissions on Regular basis (Normal Fee) shall be granted strictly on merit subject to provincial/regional quota.
- A limited number of seats shall be filled on self-finance basis in all the above-mentioned subjects only on merit irrespective of provincial/regional quota.
- Merit will be calculated at 30:70 ratio i.e. 30% weightage to the Matriculation marks and 70% weightage to the HSSC (Part-I) marks without giving any credit to the score (s) in Entry Test.
The quota of reserved seats is prescribed with terms/conditions and the seats will be filled on merit.
- Only those candidates will be selected for admission to BS/BHLLB programmes who fulfilled the eligibility criteria of the respective Department and also on the basis of providing requisite documents.
- The candidates already selected on his/her first priority on open merit (regular basis) in the merit list, will not be considered for admission on the reserved seats. However, if he/she selected on his/her lower priority and have not deposited the fee/dues within the stipulated time, he/she will have to report to the Admission Section for consideration of his/her case on the reserved seat.
- If a candidate does not fulfill the prescribed terms/conditions, and also fails to produce requisite documents he/she will not be considered for admission against the reserved seat.
- All admissions will be made on the recommendations of the Admission Committee.
|S#||Details of Reserved Seats||Terms & Conditions||No. of Seats%|
|1.||Children of Army Personal||Theseats will be filled ONLY on the nomination of GHQ.||01-seatin each Department|
|2.||Disabled Persons||Subjectto the condition that the disabled person must provide his/her disabilitycertificate duly issued by the District Assessment Board etc. along withother conditions as approved by the University Statutory Bodies.||01-seat in each Department|
|3.||Minorities||Subjectto production of certificate from the Institution last attended that thecandidate belongs to the Minority Community.||01-seat in each Department|
|4.||Sports Based||Subject to production of Sports Certificates, i.e.International/ National/ Provincial/District etc. level issued by theconcerned Authorities and also on trials of the games basis.||02% seats of admitted students in the universitywith a maximum of one in a Department|
|5.||Children of Advocates||Subject to provision of Letter of Registration fromDistrict Bar Association duly verified by the President concerned. (For theChildren of Advocates on Reserved Seats in BH LLB program only)||5% seats for the children of Advocates who shallcompete admission in order of merit inter se.|
|6.||Foreign Students||(i)Foreign Nationals and Dual Nationals (having Pakistani and some other Nationality);|
(ii)Refugees (status recognized by Govt. of Pakistan). These seats will be filledas per other conditions as approved by the University Statutory Bodies.
|10% seats are on self-finance basis|
The University Hostel accommodations will be provided subject to availability of seats
The University is providing scholarships/financial assistance to the deserving Pakistani National students seeking admission at BS (Undergraduate) programme of the University in collaboration with the following agencies: –
|S.#||Name of Scholarship||S.#||Name of Scholarship|
|1.||QAU Alumni Scholarship||6.||Balochistan Endowment& Endowment Fund (BEEF)|
|2.||Pakistan Bait-ul-Mal Scholarship||7.||Professional Education Foundation/Edhi Foundation Karachi|
|3.||Higher Education Commission (HEC) Scholarships||8.||KP Chief Minister’s Endowment Scholarship|
|4.||Other/Govt./Non-governmental Organizational & Donor Agencies/Philanthropists.||9.||District Zakat Committee’s Scholarships|
|5.||Punjab Education & Endowment Fund (PEEF)||10.||Pakistan Education Foundation (NGO) Scholarship|
Single orphan/double orphan & students who belong to far flung/deprived areas will receive special consideration for award of scholarship/financial assistance. Scholarships are available in the university subject to authenticity of the information to be verified by cross-checking of the data provided & physical verification. For detail please visit www.qau.edu.pk/scholarship.
NOTE: –Students Admitted On Self Finance Basis Will Not Be Eligible For Any Financial assistance/scholarship.
Provision of Migration Certificate
The admitted students will have to submit their Migration Certificates (in original) from the BISE concerned within 15-days from the date of admission. In case of non-submission of the same, his/her admission will be treated as cancelled.
Display Of Merit Lists
|1.||Display of 1st Merit List||10-08-2020|
|2.||Display of 2nd Merit List||18-08-2020|
|3.||Display of 3rd Merit List||24-08-2020|
|4.||Display of 4th Merit List||27-08-2020|
|5.||Display of 5th Merit List||01-09-2020|
|6.||Display of 6th Merit List||04-09-2020|
|7.||Display of 7th Merit List||08-09-2020|
|8.||Display of 8th /Final Merit list (if required)||11-09-2020|
- If number of applicants for a department/discipline is less than 20 then the department will not be allowed to commence the classes and the Admission Processing Fee @ Rs.2100/- will be refunded to the applicants admitted thereon accordingly.
- To avoid any inconvenience the candidates are required to upload all the required documents with Online Admission within stipulated time period. However, the last date to upload left-over documents such as Equivalence Certificate of IBCC, Domicile etc. along with online submission of required fee amounting to Rs.1000/- is 27-07-2020;
- Data of the applicants shall be available on the University website: www.qau.edu.pk. Please contact on Ph No.051-90643265 to rectify the errors/mistakes in the data, if any by 27-07-2020 at the latest.
- No application will be received in Admission Section by hand or by Post/Courier. After expiry of last date no online application facility will be available in any case.
- In case of COVID-19 pursuant & continuation of Online Classes; the Fee Structure would vary.
- No call letter/phone call shall be made separately for selection; applicants are advised to visit QAU website frequently.
- For detailed advertisement, please visit the QAU website: www.qau.edu.pk