How to Prepare Chemistry for MDCAT Exam
The MDCAT chemistry section is notoriously challenging. The MDCAT 2022 exam will most likely take place in the fall, at the end of the year. A high MDCAT score is required for entry into any medical or dental school in Pakistan. If you need help studying for the chemistry section of the MDCAT and aren’t sure what material is most crucial to know, this article is for you.
The Medical College Admission Test (MDCAT) Use the intermediate (FSC) chemistry textbook for the majority of the course’s content. There are typically three sections for the chemical section. Biochemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry. There are also the 03 kinds, which are equally weighted on the MDCAT. Typically, only 30-35 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) were devoted to organic chemistry, with the rest covering a variety of other subjects.
MDCAT Syllabus contains 19 topics for Chemistry portions which include.
- Introduction of Chemistry
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Reaction Kinetics
- Thermo-chemistry and Energetics
- Chemical bonding
- S and p block elements
- Transition Elements
- Fundamental principles of organic chemistry
- Chemistry of Hydrocarbons
- Alkyl halides
- Alcohols & phenols
- Aldehydes and Ketones
- Carboxylic acid
Chemistry Portion MCQs
With 54 multiple-choice questions (MCQs), the Chemistry section of the MDCAT test is the second largest after the Biology section. You need to study for the MDCAT chemistry section if you want to do well. Must Emphasize the Most Vital Aspects of Chemistry.
- ORGANIC CHEMISTRY: Hydrocarbons and functional groups are two crucial subjects. the fundamentals of organic reaction. You need to memorise and fully grasp all the crucial AMINO ACIDS and MACROMOLECULE diagrams and figures included in your textbooks. Read every word if you’re into organic chemistry. To get ahead in chemistry, it’s important to jot down and remember as many chemical reactions as possible.
- INORGANIC CHEMISTRY: Chemical equations, atomic structure, and chemical bonding are all crucial areas to study. Focusing on atomic radius, ionisation energy, and electron affinity trend is essential for preparations in inorganic chemistry. Learning In inorganic chemistry, the Periodic Table is your best friend. must retain information on the masses, atomic numbers, quantum numbers, and energies of each element. to the fullest extent possible, memorise the various elemental periods and groupings. Examine the elemental and compound periodic tables and learn their electrical configurations.
- BIOCHEMISTRY: Enzymes, metabolism, and the structure of DNA are all crucial subjects. Also, the biology part will benefit from reading this section. Find out how the body’s biomolecules and critical biochemical processes function.
Get Past Paper MCQs
The easiest way to be ready is to go through MCQs from previous exams. The multiple-choice questions from these MDCAT past papers will most likely appear again. Examine MDCAT MCQs and solutions from previous papers by visiting the Expert MDCAT Website.
Read Each and every line of the Book:
PMC MDCAT MCQs Bank will include hundreds of MCQs this year, and as it has to accommodate a wide variety of tests for over 2 lakh students, you should be prepared for any section of your textbook to appear on your exam. To do well on the MDCAT, you should study the whole material thoroughly, underlining key concepts. Read the whole textbook many times and keep reviewing it.
There are no essay questions on the MDCAT, so you should devote as much time as possible to preparing for the multiple-choice portions of the test. The most crucial step is to read books and practise MCQs to cement your understanding of the material. Time management is the single most important factor in determining whether or not you pass the MDCAT, and this will help you do it more efficiently.
Use the Questions from the Expert MDCAT MCQs Bank to Test Your Knowledge.
Make a separate Formula sheet
Many formulae and chemical reactions are involved in chemistry, therefore a lot of information must be memorised. Write down all the chemical reactions (Organic inorganic chemistry) on a separate paper and review them often to ensure that they stick in your mind. Also, reviewing them just before the test can help you do better.
We hope that you have found this article helpful as you study for the MDCAT. Preparation for the exam requires repeated visits to Expert MDCAT MCQs Bank.
You can download STEP CHEMISTRY LECTURES of 2022 in PDF Format from the following link..