Programs and Courses in Rawalpindi Medical College, Rawalpindi
- Doctor of Physical Therapy.
- BSc Hons Orthotics & Prosthetics.
- BSc Hons Optometry & Orthoptics.
- BSc Hons Medical Imaging Technology.
- BSc Hons Medical Laboratory Technology.
- BSc Allied Science.
- BS NURSING.
University of Health Sciences approved following four years Programs for B.Sc (Honors) at RMU Allied Health Sciences Institute, Rawalpindi.
- Medical Imaging Technology
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Orthotics & Prosthetics
Institute of Allied Health Sciences offers an unparalleled academic education as well as access to a wide spectrum of clinical experiences. The faculty of the Institute of Allied Health Sciences has outstanding scholars and clinicians. In addition, many of our faculty members are professional leaders who establish the trends that will affect trainees, their practices and the patients they will serve in the future. The basic subject like Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology, Biochemistry and Behavioral Sciences are taught by faculty members of RMU.
Minimum 60% marks in F.Sc (Pre-Medical) or Equivalent.
Age Limit: 17 to 30 years.
- Admission process starts with the publication of advertisement in the month of December / January.
- There are total 100 seats (20 seats for each discipline).
- Selection is made strictly on merit (FSc marks) by the selection committee.
- There are no quota seats.
- No hostel, accommodation and transport facilities are provided.
- After election, the classes start in March every year.
Rawalpindi Medical University (RMU)
About Rawalpindi Medical University (RMU)
Rawalpindi Medical University (RMU) was initially established in Faisalabad in the month of March, 1974 and then was later shifted to Rawalpindi on November, 1974. It was initially affiliated with University of Punjab but then later became affiliated with University of Health Sciences, Lahore. At first Rawalpindi Medical University (RMU) was known as Rawalpindi Medical College but then its name was changed in September, 2017 by the Government of Punjab.
The aim of Rawalpindi Medical University (RMU) is to provide students with a general professional education as physicians. They enable students to build upon previous education and experience using available learning resources. The competencies achieved by their young doctors will qualify them to proceed to further post-graduate trainings.
Affiliationed Teaching Hospitals
- Benazir Bhutto Hospital.
- Holy Family Hospital.
- District Headquarters Hospital.
Admission Procedure of Rawalpindi Medical University (RMU)
- UHS conducts the entrance test on behalf of the Government of Punjab. The test is held in Bahawalpur, Multan, Rahimyar Khan, D.G Khan, Lahore, Faisalabad, Sahiwal, Gujrat, Gujranwala, Sargodha, Rawalpindi and Hassan Abdal.
- The candidates having domicile of any district of Punjab, Federal Capital Area (Islamabad), Gilgit-Baltistan, Dual national Pakistanis or Foreign Nationals can appear in this test.
- Candidate appearing for this test should have done his Intermediate Sciences (FSC/HSSC) in premedical or should have appeared in equivalent examination test with a score of minimum 60%.
- Candidates who are still awaiting their result can appear in the test on the basis of a ‘Hope Certificate’ which is issued by the Head of their Institution.
- The test contains 220 multiple choice questions which make up a total of 1100 marks. There are 44 Physics MCQs, 58 Chemistry MCQs, 30 General English MCQs and 88 Biology MCQs.
- The duration of the test is 2.5 hours and for every correct answer the candidate is awarded 5 marks, however, 1 mark will be deducted for every question that is wrong.
- Candidate will have to pay Rs. 500 in cash to receive their entrance test kit which contains the information booklet, application form and admit card.
- The candidate will have to submit the duly filled application form by hand along with all the required documents mentioned in the information booklet.
- The candidate will then receiver their admit card from the same center on the specified date.
- After the declaration of the official result of the entrance test all those candidates who have the domicile of Punjab or Islamabad who will score 80% or above aggregate marks as per PMDC formula shall be eligible to apply for admission on open merit basis.
- The aggregate marks will be calculated as follows:
- Matric- 10%
- FSC- 40%
- Entry Test- 50%
- Domicile certificate of the candidate.
- Certificates or result cards of SSC or HSSC/ equivalent examination from IBCC.
- Four recent colored photographs (3.5cm x 4.5cm).
- Two colored photographs (2.5cm x 2.5cm).
- Those claiming to be Muslim Hafz-e-Quran shall have to produce a certificate in this regard from a registered madrissa.
The above documents will be required at the time of submission of application form for the entrance test.